Monday, June 27, 2011

Back from Camping

A few land otters hanging out on the rock. There were about 5 or 6 more in the water.

Checking out my grilled cheese. The maiden voyage for our little camp cooker. Very handy and very delicious!

About to set out on our hiking/fishing adventure. It was super gorgeous. I had my bathing suit on underneath just in case we could catch some rays! By time we finished fishing and pulled up for our picnic the sun had gone away and the temp was back to low 50s...

So we are back from camping, and it was a huge success for my first time. We stayed at a beautiful cabin. Ventured over to some hot springs, boated around and fished. Saw lots of wildlife, including a whale breaching and a baby seal crying (which sounds like a devil baby-it was really crazy!). Thanks to our friend, Bert, who is a hunting guide, we hiked across another little island that I would never have thought to do by ourselves! I felt like a true Alaskan! This morning a group of otters swam by while we were sitting outside, so I took the kayak out for a closer look and got a few pics before I turned back (didn't want to disturb them too much!). Lots of fun and can't wait to do it again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment